Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Words that Melt and Hurt Your Heart

This weekend I was learning a lot about the terrible two's and the wonderful world of toddler independance. Anyone who has been around a two year-old knows that many times there are key phases that get repeated over and over for a week or so. There are sayings that tug at your heart strings and make you tear up just thinking of them, then there are those that hurt so much, even though you know they don't really mean it. Here are a few of both we have heard from Hunter recently. *Notes* Josh nor I has ever hit Hunter. These typically say mommy and daddy.
  • "Mommy, hold me hand" :)
  • "Mommy hit me" :(
  • "Read please mommy" :)
  • "Me cuddle Mommy" :)
  • "No Mommy. Daddy" :(
  • "Me coming Mommy" :)
  • "Me help Mommy" :)
  • "No Mommy. Me do" :) and :(

Language is a beautiful thing and it is amazing to watch your childs develop. I try to write these phrases in a notebook so someday we can all enjoy them. Yet my favorite at this time...

"Me all done pooping"

3 comments:

TC said...

He's going to be embarassed as hell someday by "me all done pooping."

Of course, I plan to rub it in that every time I go to give him a bath he chooses, in some way or another, to pee on me, the floor, or the tub. Anywhere but his diaper or the potty.

Kari said...

that is funny!

Kerry said...

Yep... I remember my little guys running out of the bathroom all excited... hollaring "mom! I pooped!!!"

haha