I have learned quickly that consulting is a very selfish industry. Unfortunately the companies that we work for are not. I have been trying to break down some of those walls but I am also learning quickly why they haven't been broken down in the past. I realize that everyone feels that their work is important but you know what??? There are other things that our company does that is also important to the same client.
I just think that narrowmindedness is one thing that could really hurt a company. Actually I know it does. I am trying to not be a girl about this but I think being in a male dominated field makes some girl qualities come out. Girl qualities are around for a reason, maybe some boys should pay attention to them!
Now I would just like to say that I am not a Nazi feminist by any means, actually probably very far from that. And these dictators that I am talking about do not only belittle females, but I just was the latest target. I just wish for a fair playing field, while working together! Teamwork was invented for a reason!
Working in a society that is driven by how well you do at work, puts enough pressure on you. You don't need to feel even worse due to the people that you work with! I can also see how this provokes job hopping. My job is important to me, but I have a wonderful family that is more important. Sometimes people need to be reminded of that.
**Quote from an old boss (these are the kinds of people you want to work for)
"I don't live to work. I work so my family and I can live. And I would like you to do the same. Don't miss out on those doctor appointments and games because of work."
**I do think I will do the girl thing and have a little retail therapy**
2 comments:
I feel your pain. The unfairness of the business I am in...it is a horrible feeling sometimes. And more often than not, I do act too girly. But I try not to take it too seriously. Oh, who am I kidding. I go crazy sometimes. But I do love my job. I just have to figure out where it lands on my priority list.
So... new shoes are in order I'm assuming?
Post a Comment