Monday, February 13, 2006

Mouseless Computer

Well here I am trying to use my computer without a mouse. Needless to say it has not been a good week for me and computers! Friday I worked from home all morning, while using our home computer. Everything worked fine and I shut everything down before we left for the weekend...I get home last night and try to log in to finish up a little work, and the mouse doesn't work. (I just installed a new wireless mouse before Christmas). So I change the frequency, thinking maybe something interfered with it...Still no luck...So I unplugged and rebooted...Still no luck...Then I started nosing around in the properties...It says there is no device for the mouse. So I look, the software is still loaded...I don't know but I was too tired to figure it out, so I thought I would just reinstall...Problem...Can't find the install disc...Looks like it might have gotten thrown out...Maybe by my little guy who likes to "help". So here I am 2 nights and no mouse...And my computer is continuing to act funny! Looks like we need a new one. This one is 4 years old!

On a much greater note, we went to Lambeau to watch the Badger Hockey game this weekend. It was great! I would highly recommend an event of this nature whenever available! The weather was beautiful and we didn't even really get cold. By far one of the coolest hockey games I have been to (which is saying a lot because I am not the biggest hockey fan!)

The rest of the weekend was good to. We stayed in Shawano and Hunter even got out on the lake a little in his snow suit! It was too bad we didn't have a sled. I will post pictures when I have a mouse again! He loved the snow, but got a little sick of falling and wasn't quite sure how to get back up. It also tired him out a ton! It is amazing what 1/2 hour will do outside to a 1 year old...gotta love it!

Another big week in Badger hoops! Bucky takes on Ohio State at home on Wednesday...Go Bucky!!! They need this win if they want to stay in the Big 10 race! Stay posted! Well I am off to watch the Bachelor!

Over and out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a handful of mice that Figaro has not caught yet, you are more than welcome to give one a shot until you get yours fixed (OK, I am talking about computer mice, and I do have a bunch of "cheaper" ones laying around).

You should be able to download the drivers, if you have not tried that.