Well I have reached another level of feeling old. This past weekend we had some friends call to come down and play cards. We were able to get Josh's sister to come over and babysit, so we went, both of us thinking that we would play some cards and hang out for a while. Well...when we showed up we quickly learned that there was more to it then that! We were substitutes for a card club! And we had 11 rounds of Euchere ahead of us...keep in mind I haven't played IN YEARS!!! But in actuality it was a lot of fun! A bit draining, but we had a good time! But I really think there should be a different name then card club...that makes me feel so old...that is things that my parents and grandparents did! But like I said we had a good time and reminds me that there is another way to hang out and have fun without spending much money!
As for the rest of the weekend...Josh and I needed some sleep on Sunday so we took a "family nap" on Sunday. Josh and I slept for 2 hours...we are hoping Hunter did too :) I know it is probably a bad habit to get into but I just love that cuddle time! Especially with a little boy that doesn't like to sit much!
Now...looking for a little advice...what do you do with a 14 month old that feels the need to hit when he gets frustrated?? It is really wearing on us...and nothing seems to work. Feel free to weigh in with any techniques! Thanks!
Over and out!
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Not even your parents belonged to a "card club" . Those things date back to your grandparents and great grandparents.
AS for card club, I can relate! I am now a member of a BUNCO group!
Regarding a 14-month-old who hits, you should take his hand and say, "Hands are for nice touches" and demonstrate by rubbing his hand gently on your cheek. Put him in a one-minute time out. One minute for each year of age every time he hits. Good luck, and welcome to the world of boys!!
Yeah, time-out's!
Let me see, I think Kase got 5 2-minute time-outs yesterday for various items (it was a bad day). Also, he got his train and his movies taken away until he naps (which could be days). Can't wait until May 10 when he can get 3-minute time-outs!
Gus isn't getting time-outs yet. I think he is too young to understand the concept. We didn't start doing time-outs with Kase until he was two years old (plus a few months), and we felt he could understand at that point.
P.s. -- Go web savvy Tadychs! I guess we are the only one's who enjoy Heather's blog.
Post a Comment