Sunday, October 22, 2006

Beautiful Wedding Bells










Saturday was my 'little' cousin's wedding. It was kind of a bittersweet occasion with his dad being in the hospital and all. But there was good news on Friday when I arrived at the salon for my FABULOUS pedicure (I would highly recommend the AHA pedicure at ANIU Salon in Middleton), my cousin was on the phone when I got there with his sister and thier dad had woken up and talked that morning!! He didn't realize yet at that time that he would be missing the wedding but at least we had something to celebrate (on top of the wedding).

Rehersal was a little tough, my aunt came with my cousin and her family. She was a real trouper and a rock that I don't think I could have been. Of course as soon as I saw her I broke down, but that was the purpose of rehersal. I got to talk to her on the ride from rehersal to dinner, and I felt better about things and got a small glimps into what they had been living through in the last week. Judie, you truely are an inspiration for your actions this week.

I say my 'little' cousin because I have used to always think that until he started at UWP when I was still there. I am very close with my cousin's in that family, so I think of them more like sibblings then cousins. This is yet another occasion that he made me feel old...but I will forgive him, it was a wonderful time and I wish them all the happiness in the world.

Unfortunately it rained (and snowed) the day of the wedding (which moved the 'outdoor ceremony' inside) but it was still very beautiful! The wedding was held at the House on the Rock resort in Spring Green, and the hotel was wonderful! We had such a great time celebrating this new marriage. I may be a sap but I love weddings. I got to see friends from college I haven't seen in a long time and hang out with my family.

I thought I would post a few pictures. Enjoy!

Picture #1, #2, & #5 The New Mr. & Mrs.

Picture #3 Theta Tau Members


Picture #4 The Fam (Mom and Dad in Front, Derek, Tara, Rob, Steph, Heather & Josh-minus 7 grandkids)

Picture #6 Me and my two sister-in-laws (Tara and Steph)


Picture #7 The Mother of the Groom (my aunt) and my cousin Tracy


…And they lived happily ever after!!!

Congrats Toj and Jess!!!!

4 comments:

Kari said...

It looks beautiful, and fun! Isn't beer on a school bus the best???

TC said...

Alcohol in general on a school bus can only be a good thing. :)

The photos are gorgeous... I haven't been to the House on the Rock in years. I need to do that sometime soon (okay, soon as in springish...).

WorkingMom said...

It really was a beautiful wedding! Drinking on the bus reminded me too much of fraternity banquets! But it was fun anyway...the funny thing is the wedding party all sat in the front and we sent the parents to the back! They are always so rowdy!

TC said...

I can honestly believe that with your family. :)