
Well we are finally going to do it...after many doctor visits for Hunter while he was little and our nurse reminding us that it is a good idea to take the infant/child CPR refresher course, Josh and I are signing up and taking it. Why you ask? Well we had a little scare the other night, Hunter was crying so hard he stopped breathing. (I think there may have been a moment in there that I stopped breathing too). We saw the whole gammet from his lips turning blue and him possibly passing out. He was back to and crying by the time the ambulance came. But it sure makes you realize how fast things can change.
To make a long story short, and because I don't really want to rehash it again, we went to the hospital and he had lots of tests run, and we saw his doctor yesterday and apparently this is fairly common. Some kids do it as a tempertantrum, but I don't think that was what Hunter's was. He had been sick all weekend and really lathargic that day. I think he was probably a little dehydrated too. So when he started crying it was a reflex and he just kind of forgot what to do. All of his tests came back great and they don't think there is anything to be worried about...but that isn't going to make me stop kissing, hugging and checking on him while he sleeps. :)
By the time we left the ER he was up and running around, he was singing the alphabet (or the first three letters and IIIIIII). And he was really excited to go to 'Donalds! So I felt much better! But I have to say I thank my God every minute that nothing happened to him! And I pray that he never does it again! Once again I am amazed at how much I could love one little guy! As mothers told me before I had Hunter, you can't understand the immediate connection you have and how much you can love someone until you have your own child. And once again that was proven to me!
So if you have any little ones, be sure to give them an extra kiss good night, they are precious and they deserve it!
1 comment:
I highly recommend it.
However, gotta tell you... they lie. They tell you you don't panic, and you do. I did. I asked Josh if either of you knew it and said I did but I gotta say, I don't know that I could have remembered how many compressions/to how many breaths for anything in the world.
Post a Comment