
Let the basketball games begin!...and the snow! The tradition of snow for the boys tournament continues! One day in and ALOT of good games and a couple near disasters for my bracket...but safe in the end. I just love this time of the year...it has to be the best time in all sports. Like usual I am cautiously optimistic about the Badgers. I am hoping Bo has something in his bag of tricks to get this team ready for the tournament. And what about UW-M...they looked pretty impressive today, they aren't a Cinderella any more!
In other news...I went to see Failure to Launch...cute girl movie! Although I don't know how it could be bad when it is 1 1/2 hours of watching my Matthew! haaaaa (long sigh)....After the movie I was talking with the girls I went with and we were saying that he and Sarah Jessica Parker have good chemistry. Sometimes in these "happy girlie movies" they just slap two people together that you can't really see together, but that wasn't the case here. The overall thought of the movie was it was a mix between How to Lose a Guy and Hitched. Good flick if you are looking for a feel good!
One other thing weighing on my mind tonight...my sister-in-law Steph is pregnant and her cousin was also pregnant and due a day before Steph (beginning of May)...well her cousin was having some problems with her pregnancy and high blood pressure and she went into the hospital on Sunday throwing up...and she was preclamsic and they took the baby at 32 weeks (8 weeks premature). The good news is that the baby is doing really well (a boy, Marcus) but her cousin did not snap out of it...they took her gullbladder after her c-section but they still couldn't stabilize her. Now her liver and kidneys are not fully functioning either. She is in pretty rough shape and in need of a liver transplant. It is a really hard time for the family...and I can't imagine what they are going through...Steph's cousin is a GREAT person! Very full of life and infectiously happy...it's times like this that I have to hold on to the fact that there is something else out there...so if you believe or not and can spare a prayer...I think Kelly could use it right now! I know I will be saying an extra one or two tonight.
Sorry to end on a such a sad note...Hopefully the weekend will bring good news!
Over and out!
(I thought I would put a picture of Hunter in the snow...makes me smile)
No comments:
Post a Comment