Thursday, August 30, 2007

Friends and quiet hugs...

It has been kind of a long week in our house and last night I (I like to say the hormonal, tired, me) got a little overwhelmed. As I stood there staring at my phone wondering who I should call, I was slapped in the face with the reality of my friendships. I have a lot of great friends and I know there are a number of them that I can call and they would be there for me in a heartbeat, but as I stared at my phone I wasn't sure who to call.

My friends and I are at the stage in our lives where we are very busy with our own families for a variety of different reasons. And for some reason I didn't feel like my problems were "big" enough to bother them with them. (Now I know they would say differently, as I would to them if they were in the same situation). But I couldn't help but think that way.

Fortunately a very dear friend of mine was on line and I did get a chance to talk/vent about how I was feeling. We all change so much as our own families grow and I really have to say I appreciate those friends who don't forget their friends along the way. Girlfriends are such an important piece of your suport group. We need them and sometimes I need to be reminded of that so that when the situation is flipped, my friends will know that I would be there for them in a heartbeat too!

Although as I was making supper, determining who to call and wiping tears away, my little man kept coming up to me with unexplained hugs and kisses. I guess those little ones learn early on that a hug is worth a lot!

Here's hoping for a better week next week!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Love the girlfriends, and the little men in our lives! Life is not the same without them!