I work on a computer a lot, and have ever since I was in college. I have noticed through the years how that has changed how I think about things. Do you ever notice when you do something in 'real life' not on the computer that you find yourself looking for the Undo button? There is an undo button for just about every program that you run on the computer and it sure would be helpful when you burn dinner, break a glass or miss as you are trying to catch your little one falling off a chair?? I have had those thoughts many times in many different situations. But recently I have had a different technology that has changed my thoughts...DVR.
We have DVR with our Dish Network system which allow us to pause, rewind and record live T.V.. The other day I was in the car listening to the radio and the DJ said something I caught the tail end of and I actually reached to the radio to rewind it. Do you think my grandparents ever had any of these thought?? But then again, why would you want to rewind Polka music??
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We have a DVR also, and get really frustrated when we're trying to watch a regular television! we're so spoiled!
why would you want to rewind Polka music??
ROFL
So, I type all of my posts out in word first, and copy/paste 'em. Well, in doing so, I use the html brackets to make things bold, italic, etc.
Anymore, when I type, it's been a struggle to remember that I can actually control + b to get bold.
Too much time in blogger is really all I have to say.
Too bad you don't have twins in your family...I unfortunately am surrounded by them!!!
I find that more than the 'rewind' button I'm looking for the 'delete' button. I have a feeling that my life would be 63% more calm if I had a delete button. It would also be 63% less interesting however...
Post a Comment