Friday, July 07, 2006

Swimming as meditation?

I swam this morning...as I do many mornings. I have decided that it is not only good for my physical health but it is also good for my physiological health. I think swimming is a lot like meditation...when else can you exercise with ear plugs and have the time fly by? There are many days that I will be in the pool for 40 minutes and I have thought about absolutely nothing...except count 1, 2, 3, 4, breathe...there are other mornings when I spend much of my time saying the rosary (obviously without the beads). It just really clears my head. Instead of just being exhausted after working out...I actually feel refreshed! (my legs and arms are tired too) So I guess the moral of the story is swimming is a really good workout...now if I could figure out how to get rid of the chlorine smell :)

We are off to a wedding this weekend. Should be a good time...provided everyone behaves...you know how family weddings can be! I could spend a lot of time venting right now about how a wedding is a happy occasion and the focus should be on the bride and groom are starting their life...but I think it would be wise not to! Hopefully I can get some pictures up of it after we get back!

Over and Out!

No comments: