Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I paid $2.79 for "gas"

Just thought I would let you know that I am becoming accustomed to "green power" in my life outside of work (windmills)...I purchased my first tank of E-85 today. Granted the $2.79 / gallon is better then $3.09 for gas...but rumor has it isn't as good for my gas mileage...so I need to look for it in the $2.35 / gallon range. But we will see. It was kind of nice to buy gas for less the $3 when everyone else was filling up at $3!

This weekend we are headed north and it is around $1.99/gal in the fox valley! Pretty sure we will be stopping! When is the last time you can say you bought gas for less then $2??? We can also get a better gauge on what it does to our gas mileage. So far I am loving driving it! And now I am helping the environment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather --

According to the forum linked below, the only place with $1.99 for E-85 is the Renew station in Oshkosh (41 and Jackson St).

Wisconsin E-85 Gas Prices

Anonymous said...

$2.88 was the cheapest I saw in Arizona... for unleaded. :) $1.99 sure beats that though!