Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Dress Shopping...what fun

Well tonight was the dreaded night of all nights...dress shopping. I have two weddings coming up and I needed something to wear. Unfortunately, even though Hunter is totally worth it, I have a lot more curves, bumps, jiggly and dangling things then I used to have...so trying on dresses in a very bright, dully painted, heavily mirrored room...isn't all that appealing. (Not to mention the help I brought along ditched me :) ) So as I am standing there and I have already tried on close to 10 dresses in sizes that are much bigger then I like, I have resorted to skirts and pants...so now the big decision...do I go with the shirt and skirt I think I like...but can't really tell if it makes me look pregnant...one look I am REALLY not going for...or do I go home empty handed...something I vowed I wouldn't do. Well I bought it, do I like it? I guess...do I love it? No... But I am to exhausted and depressed after all that to try it on for Josh to get his opinion tonight...and I don't think he should get the brunt of it (he does enough). So maybe I will take it back...I don't know, I will keep you posted. There are times when you really need a girlfriends approval I guess this is one of them.

Moral of the story...dress shopping is no fun...there are a ton of cute dresses out there but finding that hidden gem takes a lot more time then I have available...I guess I will do what I usually do when I need a little pick me up...I will go look at my beautiful little boy sleeping and realize that my bigger hips, stretched marked tummy and big boobs are all worth it! (that and email Diana and vent!)

Over, out and exhausted!

No comments: