Monday, June 02, 2008

We got a crawler...

Or should I say or wormer? Jacy is up on all fours for over a week now. She can get about two motions (steps) forward before she lunges at whatever she wants. Still no teeth but it appears that 4 will be coming at once. She is loving the Gerber finger foods and doesn't really want anything else if she can see those.

Hunter has been such a good boy with her. He always wants a kiss before bed and is genuinely offended if we put her to bed without telling him. He is very excited these days as our wonderfully friendly (*read* satanic) kitty is letting him pet her. Not sure what that is all about. His little imagination is running on overdrive these days. His latest is he will be fighting with his power rangers and one will say "You want a piece of me?" or if Josh is one of the Power Rangers and not paying attention he says "Daddy, why you not fight your guy?" ...he is all boy. Yet then in the next second he will walk into the kitchen and say "Daddy you look really handsome in you jammy pants." Oh to be 3. It is amazing the thoughts that must go through that little head.

As for the rest of our household, we tore apart the deck and new retaining walls will be built soon. Then hopefully a new deck. After running a few numbers it doesn't look like 4 days a week is going to happen for me. Kind of a kicker but I guess I made my bed when I lived the high life in college. I was really looking forward to the time with the kids but I guess I will have to figure out a different way.

I guess that is the title of the blog. It isn't easy being a working mom. I guess we have to find our checks and balances. Hopefully we can figure something out. But for right now I will keep on keeping on. I do really like my job...it is just too much of a good thing...and not enough of a better thing :)

No comments: