Friday, December 28, 2007

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year


I know it has been a LONG time!! I could blame it on getting ready for the holidays, having a new born, having a three year old birthday party, my husband being in Sweden for a week, starting way more Christmas presents then I could finish, not having any water from the 25 to the 26th, or the fact that I am in denial that I am going to have to go back to work...but I am not one for excuses :)



As for an update: things are going well here. Jacy is doing well and getting big. She was almost 14 lbs at her 2 month check up and 23 3/4 inches. She is topping the charts in the 80 and 90 percentiles. Hunter also went in for his 3 year and was also topping the charts in the high 70 and 80 percentiles.

Christmas(es) went well. The kids (and family) were very well behaved and once again everyone was WAY too generous. We started a new tradition with my family which was nice and it blended a little bit of old tradition with some new ideas. We didn't travel which was VERY nice. I don't feel nearly as overwhelmed as I typically do. We have one more Christmas to do with my parents which should be nice. I do look forward to going to 'Towoc, the song has it right when it talks about being "home for Christmas".

I am really not looking forward to going back to work but I am sure it will work out once I am back into the routine. Jacy has really turned the corner the last 2 to 3 weeks. And sleeping through the night is one of the best things I have felt in a LONG time!!!! She is finally taking a bottle and we found some formula she can keep down. Unfortunately I think it is made of gold, so if you know anyone who gets and doesn't use their enfamil coupons, send them our way!!



I have adjusted to having 2 little ones and outings aren't unbearable. Hunter really is a good big brother and likes to help. Listening while at home is another story. He is pretty much potty trained but our last hurdle will be having him at the sitters with Jacy. He is pretty protective of his "Gloria". I am really enjoying how the two of them interact, it is amazing to watch that little relationship develop. When else in you life to you actually get to play a role in how two people genuinely feel about each other.



Josh and I are doing well. We try to get out occasionally thanks to the help of family! It is a lot harder for me to leave Jacy then I remember it being with Hunter. That might just be because she is a little fussier and with her being sick early on. Taking your little baby to the Urgent care and ER at 5 weeks is hard to shake from your mind! But I am trying to be better about it and unfortunately with the holidays we really haven't had much opportunity to get out anyway.

Josh's trip to Sweden went well and now he has ambitions to travel over seas with me!!! YEAH!!! It was hard not having him home for a week. The kids were great but we really missed him!

That's about all for us! I hope you enjoy the pictures. I will try to be a little better about the timing of the next post!

1 comment:

Kari said...

And I thought Zander being 16# at 4 months was big!!!

Glad things are going well with your family!