Sunday, October 07, 2007

She's Here!!!

After a long start to the week Jacy decided to come pretty quickly Thursday morning. I had consistent contractions most of the day on Wednesday but par for the course the died down in the early evening. Then at about 9 o'clock they were back with a vengeance at 6 minutes apart. We went up to the hospital around 11 and the epidural was administered around 2 (sure could have used it around 1 but I won't be too picky). She was then born after very little pushing at 4:43 am.

8 lbs 5 oz
20.5 inches
Lots of dark hair

She and myself are doing well. She is eating and pooping like a champ. My sister-in-laws were true to their word that you feel much better after the second time around. I feel like a rock star compared to how I felt after Hunter.

Hunter is doing well and likes to give her lots of hugs and kisses. He isn't crazy about sharing Mommy, so I do a lot of feeding with both on my lap. But he hasn't acted out too bad (yet).

Thanks for all the well wishes, thoughts and prayers through the pregnancy and since her arrival. Thanks for all the help this week too (Mandy)! It is much appreciated. I know any of you that have kids know what it is like to wait for them to decide to show up. But they are worth all of the anxiety and worry! She is precious and I wouldn't trade her for the world! And I couldn't have done it without my WONDERFUL husband!!!! He is my rock and made the whole thing a great experience.

I don't have my pictures loaded yet but the link to Traveling Chica (A.K.A. Mandy) has some posted on her blog. I will get some up soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather and Josh -

I went out on Mandy's post and Jacy is beautiful. You have a beautiful family and we wish you all the happiness!!

The Peterson Family

Kari said...

Yippee!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!