Friday, May 18, 2007

Half Way!

Well I am half way through this pregnancy. The time has flown by but yet has dragged on!! I am feeling really good. I think second time around is a lot easier because I am over the shock of what is happening to my body and I can't wait to see this little one! I am still playing volleyball and I try to get on the elliptical or walk the rest of the week. Packing has cut into that a little bit. The pool is closed for 2 more weeks for cleaning but I am hoping to get back in after that is done.

The first time I was pregnant I spent so much time in denial that 1) I would have to go through labor and 2) that I would actually be able to raise this little being! Now that I have been through labor and although not fun, it is a relatively short period of time and it is manageable with a wonderful husband (and a really good epidural), and I know I can live on little sleep, I can calm a crying baby and just survive in general with that little baby I think I am all that much more excited to meet this little thing that is gently kicking me.

Hopefully we will find out soon what we are having. There are days that I think we shouldn't find out, but in the end I want to know. We have the fun things of picking out names, getting the nursery ready, and I can't wait for Hunter to see his new little brother or sister.

People always ask expecting moms what they think they are having. When I was pregnant with Hunter I was CERTAIN it was a boy (I would have been really shocked if they told me it was a girl). This time around I don't really have a feeling. I obviously pray for a healthy baby and that is the most important! I can see myself as a mom of two boys. Yet on the other hand I can really see Josh with a little girl. Who knows. I guess we will wait and see. We don't have names picked out for either so we have a clean slate!

I hope everyone is having a great spring! Stay posted baby gender to be revealed soon (hopefully)!

1 comment:

Kari said...

i felt "girl" until around march, and from then on it's been boy. but we're not finding out until it gets here, so i could be completely wrong! it gets harder every day not to find out...and i do know the 2nd time around we'll find out for sure!