Friday, May 04, 2007

4 Showings Down, 1 Offer In

Has anyone ever said how stressful selling your house is? If not they should really write books on it! Not to mention on the top of that we have inspections, loan work and all kinds of other fun stuff going on with the "new" house. Are we still excited? Yes! Does this take a lot of coordination? Yes! We have been lucky that our showings have been on days that aren't too warm so Joey can comfortably stay in my truck during work, and they have been close together so cleaning hasn't been a huge issue. But the whole thing of living in your house yet having it presentable for people to come in is tough. I haven't found a polite way to say, sure we would like to see you, but not at our house...because then I will have schedule one more thing and clean one more time...

I know millions of people do this all the time, but this is my first, and THANK GOD for a great realtor! Even though I think their commission is a bit outrageous, I think he has been worth it. There have been a lot of late nights working things out with us, writing offers, going through inspection reports, etc. Not to mention I don't know if we would have gotten the other house as easy as we did without him.

But for my sake I hope this is over soon! We are now looking at moving our closing date up a month, which I personally am excited about. Either the current homeowners or us will be taking the pool out at the other house due to some "negative grade" issues and just the safety issues with little ones and many other little ones that aren't ours.

Other updates: I have been feeling the baby move a lot lately. Josh has even felt it a few times (when I am not giggling). It is such an amazing feeling and I will never be able to explain how one little tickle in your belly can stop you in your tracks!

My friend Jenny with the triplets has all three home now (for over a week). The babies are all doing well, but Jenny and Jeremy are looking for a little routine. To give you some insight into their lives: the babies eat every 3 -4 hours and it takes 2 hours to feed all of them. I am sure they would appreciate any prayers for patience you can send their way :) I am trying to figure out some way to help them out.

Hope everyone is enjoying the great spring weather!

1 comment:

Kari said...

I'm so glad things are going well for you! my mother-in-law thinks we should look at a house near her (we do want to move back to the area eventually) and i'm not sure if she realizes i am due in August. There is no way on God's green earth I will move in June or July. Sorry! Not only am I not ready, my house is not ready to sell AT ALL! However, if she can find (and pay) someone to finish the work on my house, pack my stuff, move it and unpack it...well, maybe I'll think about it!
The kicks and bumps are SO cool. This is my first time around, so it's all new to me. I'm trying to distinguish between kicks, punches, rolls, and hiccups. I guess as long as it's moving, it doesn't matter what it is, right?