I went to another bachelorette party this weekend for my cousin's fiance'. Eventhough a good time was had by all...I am VERY greatful that I am no longer in that scene and I have a loving husband to go home to. As the night progressed and I have to say that all of us "old, married, moms" kept up well with the young, singles, I began pondering what did I really like about the bar scene. Granted it was a bachelorette party so the pe*is straws and toys were out in force...but what about a straw gives men the invitation to offer very inappropriate actions? And why does it make the nicest guy look as sleazy as the old guy that tells you the same thing? Could drunk guys be a little more degrading to women?
I don't intend to dwell on the sleaze balls, just comment on them. We did actually meet some nice guys during the night who were just out for a good time and not looking to scam on women. (obviously the kind of guys we would prefer to talk with). Although I did have one guy tell me that I didn't look older the 24, which I initially took as a compliment. But now hind sight, yes, it is a compliment, but would I want to be 24 again? When I was 24 I was just graduating from College, trying to find a job, car and a place to live. I wasn't engaged, obviously didn't have my son, was fairly uncertain of my future, how I would make my student loan payments, insurance, rent and a carpament. I was fairly bored because I didn't have homework to do. I guess in the grand scheme of things, no, I don't want to be 24 again. I like being responsible, a wife, a mom, settled down and stable.
I realize there are a lot of people who don't start thinking about stability until they are close to 40, but that isn't me. I am thankful for the things I have, for the things have done in my past, and that I lived through that portion of my life. I think the independent, carefree portion of my life in college and right after has helped me to appreciate the things I have now. I wouldn't change those years, but I will leave them in my past.
It is kind of weird for me to think that is probably my last bachelorette party (except when Mandy gets married), and I went out in style :) But I guess that it just shows that every stage in our life provides a new level of enjoyment.
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
very good!!!!biorafol
Spam found you I take it? Ugh. Hate that stuff.
I, for one, am thankful for your husband too, because I really don't want to have to give up my nephew. ;) Oh wait, I think that means I'm supposed to say I'm thankful for my sister-in-law, but you know what I mean!
This means I have to find a man if I'm going to provide you with a bachelorette party opportunity... know any single men relatively close to my age that won't run at first introduction to mi familia?
i have a bachelorette party for my cousin this weekend! i have a feeling, being one of the oldest ones that is already married, i'll feel a bit left out. and that's ok. i'd much rather have a husband to come home to!
Post a Comment