Well where have I been...you ask? I have had a couple weeks of complete chaos at both work and home which have left me exhausted!! There isn't one thing in particular that has made the weeks crazy but everything adds up I guess! There are some days that I just wish I could have 2 more hours...but the crazy thing in life is if you had 2 more hours, you would want 3 more. Same things with hands...if I had a third (which would have been nice many times in the last couple of weeks) I would want a fourth.
It seems that with each generation we want more...we want to own more, we want to do more, we want to work more, we want to play more...I hope for my kids that all of the "wanting" doesn't continue and they can be happy with what they have! It seems that there is always pressure to advance...why can't we just be happy with a 3 bedroom house, or 2 normal cars, or clothes from Shopko? I am.
In the day of "instant stimulation" we don't have time to just relax! My goal for this year...late resolution...is to stop running, and slow down. I have found with a little one, the more I try to cram into a day/weekend, the more tired, and stressed I am. And really who is this benefiting...me? Well I have already covered that...Hunter? Let's see he usually gets strapped into a stroller or car seat for the majority of the "adventure"...pretty sure that isn't always his first option for fun.
Oh well I guess I am just venting because I am tired and cranky. It also goes to show what it is like in the life of a full time working mom...I love my son, I love my husband, and I love my job...but there aren't enough hours to in the day to do everything! And I need to come to some sort of grips with that! And I think the best way to do that is to start saying no to some things...
A quick update on what has been going on in my world...I am about 1/2 way done with the painting...it looks good so far and Josh and I are finishing tomorrow night. Hunter has been hilarious, yet trying lately. He wants to entertain and get everyone's attention. But he also is having some napping issues, so we have seen our first little bout of melt downs. He and I went to the library a couple of weeks ago to get books and we got a Clifford one...which has quickly become his favorite! I am amazed everyday how much he absorbs...within a month he is pointing out animals, characters, and body parts. His talking is getting better and occasionally we hear a word or two. He sure has a lot to say, but we don't know quite what! :)
Well that's it for now...hopefully it won't be another 2 weeks before I am on!
Thursday, May 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment