Well we are done with the painting!!! Yeah!!! the only walls left to paint in our house are in the spare bedroom...and until there is another little Andrew on the way...not for a while for those of you wondering...there won't be anymore painting done! Luckily we like the colors, and it turned out good...with A LOT of work. We shipped Hunter off for the night on Friday so we could finish up. I already had 2+ coats of red on the 2 living room walls (remember I said 2 walls), which was a gallon of paint, plus some primer. I went to Sherwin Williams on Friday rather disgusted that I put an entire gallon of paint on two walls and it still looked streaky...it didn't look good to me and certainly not to my perfectionist husband...but who can blame him we do have to look at it every day. So...the Sherwin Williams guy apologized and said they should have told me that it was going to take FIVE coats...plus primer...to paint dark red...so he gave me a discount...still way to expensive for paint!! So away I went...task for the night, Josh paints the living room, I tear apart the kitchen, scrub the semigloss of the walls previously painted and paint the remainder of the kitchen...time started...6ish...time complete...1:30AM!!! But does it look good? Yes. Is my house still a mess? Yes! I will try to get some pictures when I have everything fully back together. At least I don't have to paint anymore for a long, long time!
I also went to a bachelorette party this weekend. Lots of fun per the occasion. We were in some VERY small towns with very nice people. I didn't really know anyone besides the bride but I think a good time was had by all, including me. (Especially because I felt fine today)!!! Yeah!!!
Today is also Mother's Day...which comes in a close third behind my birthday and Christmas :) My wonderful husband, son and kitty got me a mother's bracelet with two strands...one says Hunter and the other is for room to grow!! It is very pretty and I love looking at it!!
Other then that not much new. I have a feeling tomorrow might be a rough day for my little guy. He had some fairly late nights and a lot of freedom this weekend which he was enjoying greatly. But that is the fun of going to grandma and grandpa's...Unfortunately at his age he doesn't realize that he has to be whipped back into shape tomorrow at the sitters :{ Here's hoping he does well...
One final note...anyone looking to buy a lovely home in Deerfield WI...there is one listed on www.fsbomadison.com at 101 S Main Street...great old Victorian with BEAUTIFUL woodwork!!! I have an in with the family and can hook you up if interested :)
Well I best be getting to bed for a little wind down time. I have had a long weekend and I have to work a full week...something I don't do a whole lot of these days it seems :)
Over and out!
Sunday, May 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was SO excited about the "another little Andrew line" until I saw what came after. :( Hope Hunter had a good day back with Gloria!! And that he and his sister are getting along well... just think, maybe that next little Andrew could be really small, orange and white...
The next little Andrew could be really small, orange and white...if I have a back up plan for when my small, white and brown Andrew throws a fit and can't take it...and who is going to want a cat influenced by little lucifer :) Love you Joey!
Post a Comment