Friday, March 13, 2009

A week in the life...

A week in our life with two little ones...Sunday and Monday Jacy has fever and sore butt. I stayed home in the morning, Josh in the afternoon (balancing conference calls and meetings). Jacy passes out on Josh because she was so ticked when she was crying that she stopped breathing.

Tuesday she is back to herself, confirming my thought it was teeth.

Tuesday night 60 mile/hour winds pounding on the house which of course means Hunter is in our bed. Which also means I don't get a whole lot of sleep.

Wednesday I had to go to Oconto for work. Leave the house at 5:45. Josh takes the kids in, Mandy to pick them up. Call Josh on my way home, Jacy was throwing up at the sitters.

I get home, we take her to urgent care, where she continues to throw up. Learn she has something viral...probably was teeth on Sunday and Monday...not related.

Jacy sleeps with us as she is still throwing up (dry heaving at this point). Hunter comes in at 2 to crawl in too...no room and don't want him next to Jacy. So I sleep in a twin with Hunter for a while. Then crawl back in with Jacy and Josh. Not a whole lot of sleep again!

Josh stayed home yesterday and Jacy sleeps on the couch with him all day. She is still out of sorts and not really eating yet.

I decide to stay home with her today but take Hunter in to Gloria's. Pull in the drive way, Hunter tells me he doesn't feel good. I think he is milking it and tell him he is fine, just to turn around and see him throw up!

Go pay Gloria, take BOTH kids back home, set one in front of a movie with a bucket and the other in bed and try to get some work done.

Now both are napping.

Would I trade my life for anything...absolutely not!!! But I HATE when my kids are sick. I am a hypochondriac when it comes to my kids. But every time I realize it is just a bug they need to work through I am incredibly grateful for their health and my heart aches for parents that have to deal with sick kids.

3 comments:

TC said...

Why is sore butt highlighted? lol

WorkingMom said...

I didn't do it. Apparently Blogger is editting my profanity??

TC said...

Weird!!!