Monday, February 04, 2008

Thoughtless Parents

There is nothing worse in the world then sick little kids. They seem to get hit hard (luckily they also seem to recover quickly) and they are scared because they don't know what is going on. So there is nothing worse then kids getting sicked when it could have been prevented.

My poor little guy has his first bout of strep. Yesterday morning he woke up with a fever, not real high, but a fever none the less. He seemed to be fine after motrin. But I noticed that he was favoring his neck. When I asked him to move it from side to side he did, so I figured he was just being a goof ball.

Then he layed down for a nap. After he got up he was kind of winey but I didn't think too much of it, then I took a look at his neck. It was so swollen he couldn't move his neck. Within an hour it looked like he swollowed a tennis ball. So off to urgent care we went. After a long but not as long as expected wait and a positive strep test later, we were on our way to WalGreens for perscription.

Now he is a three year old and it is that time of the year so I shouldn't be so surprised. But I firmly beleive he wouldn't be sick had not one but two moms at daycare followed the directions and kept thier kids home for the 24 hours after their kids were diagnosed. It makes me so mad to think that they infected more kids just so they didn't have to miss work.

That is just thoughtless as far as I am concerned, not only are you infecting other kids (and thier families) but when your kids are sick, they don't want the sitter they want thier mommies! Your kids should come first. Unfortunately not everyone thinks that and now my son is misserable.

Now I realize he could pick up strep anywhere and yes he could have gotten it before they were diagnosed (but I don't think so by the timing) but as a parent they should have known thier responsibility.

2 comments:

Kari said...

thoughtless parents are terrible, but so are thoughtless employers. they sometimes make their employees feel bad for taking a day off to tend to their children. i have a friend who was afraid of getting fired after having to stay home last week when schools were closed!

I hope Hunter is feeling better!!

Anonymous said...

Here Here! It must the 'towoc mentality!