Monday, July 09, 2007

Yep, I am still here. It has been a crazy month in our house(s)!!! In summary we spent a week in Denver, packed up, moved and (started to) unpack all of our belongings (on 2 of the hottest days of the year), made a whole lot of money then signed even more money away within an hour and half, seem to be hemorrhaging the remainder of our money, spent a night visiting with a good friend that was visiting, sent my husband on a weekend fishing trip (3 days before we moved), broke my toe, made multiple trips and completed A LOT at work, had a sick son, took my husband to the emergency room, went to the doctor, enjoying pregnancy, and went to an 85th birthday party...

As you can see we have been a little busy, so to elaborate on a few things...

Denver was BEAUTIFUL!!! The mountains were great and I did surprisingly well walking up there. My conference was good and my presentation went well. It was a great trip, even at a hectic time for Josh and I to "catch up" and talk about a lot of stuff we have coming up. We discussed things like baby names, God Parents, where stuff would go in the new house, what we had left before we moved. It just was a real nice time...I will try to get pictures up someday!!

The move went well. My father-in-law was a God Send!! We were able to move all of our stuff (minus furniture) into the garages before we closed. Then we had movers do the furniture the morning we moved and cleaners come in while we were closing. Closing went OK but had a little glitch, but all worked out in the end. We are FAR from unpacked but we are getting there slowly but surely! It is hard being pregnant right now because there is A LOT I would do that I have to ask Josh to do.

We have finally picked out a baby name...but nope I'm not telling. It is funny to actually call this kicking alien in my belly something! Hope she likes it! We do!

Hunter (and all but one of my nieces and nephews) ended up sick the week we moved with a high fever, but all appear to be fine now.

Josh was handicapped this weekend by a terrible headache. So bad that we were in the Dr. office Saturday morning and ER on Sunday morning. It was a little scary for him, who doesn't get headaches and was essentially paralyzed from it, and me not knowing what was going on or what I could do (that and I am a little emotionally unstable right now). But we went to the ER and they did a Catscan and all was normal (huge sigh). He either had his first Migraine or it could possibly be the bug the kids had. Let's just hope that it is a one time deal!!

As for the broken toe, the first weekend we were in the new house I missed the last step and broke my second toe. I taped it last week and it is doing much better. Hopefully it will heal soon so I can have a pedicure (priorities I know).

The pregnancy is going well. To answer the ever famous question, no the heat doesn't bother me anymore then if I wasn't pregnant. I am pretty sure I wouldn't have been comfortable yesterday at 95 degrees even if I wasn't pregnant. The rest of the pregnancy is flying by!! I have to get my butt in gear on the baby room and other baby related items! I go in this week for my yummy glucose test.

That's about it for now! I will hopefully be a little more faithful from here on out, but no promises!!! If you are looking for a weird sighting...checkout the overnights in Madison blog, there are two cats that could pass for Joey's twins!! SCARY!!!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Glad the pregnancy is flying by for you. I feel just the opposite! I have about 5 weeks left, and it feels like i've already been pregnant forever!

WorkingMom said...

Hang in there. I thought the last month (two weeks) were brutal with my first. I think I have been so busy this time, and I am not terrified to bring a baby home (like I was the first time around)...As TC always says, I hold the option to change my mind at any time :)