Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Slacker?? I don't think so

Yes I am the blogger slacker!!! I could give you the usual excuses of being REALLY busy at home...and at work. I have been traveling and trying to get ready for Christmas, while also having a 2nd birthday party for my little guy...but it really doesn't justify my slackerness. Sorry, and many apologies!!!

As I LOVE Christmas...probably more then most people, I will not complain about the weekend of power shopping and wrapping, an afternoon spent baking, nights and lunch hours picking up "a few things I forgot", or even the hours I have spent and will spend on my computer finishing up projects I have just started for Christmas presents (yes, a slacker in another area). As I look back at the last month and realize how busy I have been I just have to say I am glad!! I wouldn't trade it for the world. I want my son to have GREAT memories of Christmas. I also want him to know that his birthday and Christmas aren't one in the same (birthdays are my second favorite time).

So I will continue to make things special for him at Christmas, even if that means a little less sleep at night or a few other things slipping. One thing (and there are many) I have learned since becoming a mom, especially a mom that works fulltime, is that you have to do what is going to keep you sane. And if things fall off you plate, you have to except the fact that you aren't a supper hero and you CAN'T get everything done. In the grand scheme of things, that laundry WILL get done, even if it isn't tonight (or this week...sorry honey), and those Christmas cards will get sent, who cares if it isn't the first week after Thanksgiving.

Besides Christmas is about new beginnings, and maybe next year it will go more smoothly, maybe it won't. But I just pray that I continue to have the patience to do things as I can, not stress about the ones I can't and that my husband has the patience to deal with me while I get them done. Because I want my son to be as excited about Christmas as I am and some day have memories to look back on and smile; like I do of the days that all of my grandparents and great grandparents where around to celebrate with and when I believed in Santa (I like to think I still believe in Santa).

And for that reason I am going to take a deep breath when I go into the mall today and just enjoy the season, it comes and goes so fast, there is no time to be cranky about crowds!

ps. I will try to do better in the future :)

2 comments:

TC said...

that laundry WILL get done, even if it isn't tonight (or this week...sorry honey)

Just pick him up a few extra pairs today while you're out and about and keep them in your closet, so that next time he thinks he "has to go without" you can tell him to grab them out of your closet.

Or he can just tell his grandpa he went commando one day. No biggie.

Kari said...

you are very brave going to the mall today. i wish you luck! and happy holidays!