Monday, April 10, 2006

National Champs...I was there!!!




The Badger men's (and women's) won the National Championship in Hockey!!! But more importantly, I was there to see the men's...much to my husband's liking...he didn't think I was worthy of watching the game. So here is how it all started...Thursday night Josh's aunt and uncle came over to watch the 1st of the final four games, and obviously the Badgers won...which then meant that they were going to play in the national championship game in Milwaukee on Saturday!!! Unfortunately this was the weekend that Josh was going to be in Stevens Point for the trivia contest...But after the game I went on line to look for tickets...they were pricey and I was thinking, no I probably don't need to go...but I thought I would email Josh's sister anyway and just see if she was still interested...she was in bed, so she missed my email and my call until the morning. So the next morning I went in to work...but wasn't feeling very well, so I stayed about an hour and came home with the flu...in the mean time, Mandy called and said that she would like to go to the game and go ahead and buy the tickets...Unfortunately they were $60 more then they were 12 hours prior...and I had developed the flu in the time frame...but sticking to my historical occurrences of the flu...I was hoping that I would feel better in a day, and I knew if I would throw up I would definitely feel better! So tickets bought, sitter lined up, and still feeling pretty crappy...I laid around all day and then went to pick up Hunter at about 3:30...learned that 3 kids were out with the flu...then promptly came home and threw up everything I had eaten that day (not much), BUT I was feeling MUCH better! I was in bed early that night, to rest up for the big game. Saturday morning Hunter spent some time at a craft fair and playing outside and then Mandy and I were off to Milwaukee!! We were there early, parked, walked around, go something to eat and went to the game. It was great, the atmosphere was great...almost all red, and every time the BC fans would start to cheer they were immediately over powered by the Badger fans! Our seats were 3 rows from the top, but they were center ice, so we could see everything great! I was such a great experience, I am glad I went. I may not be the biggest Hockey fan but I am a big sports fan and I can appreciate how big of a game that was and how rarely an opportunity like that comes along. All in all, one of my best sports memories! (minus the BC guy that told me to sit down in the 3rd period...while it was tied) I may even have to watch miracle this weekend to commemorate the win! I attached a few pictures from the night, but nothing can beat the feeling of being there!

Over and out!

No comments: